The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the Hall, fixtures, fittings or surroundings occurring during the period of the letting. No sub-letting of any part of the hall shall be allowed.
- The Hirer is responsible for opening and locking the Hall, switching off electric lights and power, checking that the gas cooker has been left in a safe condition, for general supervision and arranging for payment of the hire charges.
- The Hirer is responsible for reporting accidents and problems with the hall. They must be notified using the forms under Contact Us tab on the Woodbury Community Hall website www.woodburycommunityhall.uk
- The Hirer is responsible for removing all rubbish, leaving the hall & vicinity clean and tidy. A further payment may be required if further cleaning has to be carried out.
- No excisable liquor shall be sold unless a Temporary Event Notice has been submitted to East Devon District Council (EDDC) at least two weeks in advance on the correct form and with the permission of the Hall Committee. The application forms and full conditions are available on:- East Devon Temporary Events Notice site. There is a helpline to EDDC on 01395 517410
- The seating capacity of 100 and an overall capacity of 100 are the maximum allowed and these limits must not be exceeded.
- There shall be at least 3 responsible adults supervising any event involving children and young adults under 21 years of age.
- ” Public” discos are not acceptable to the committee and bookings for these will not be taken.
- A member of the Management Committee or an agent of the Committee shall have the right of entry at all times and may inspect the premises after each letting.
- Under the terms and conditions of the Entertainment Licence the Hall may only be used from 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. and the hall must be vacated by midnight after clearing up.
- Nails, pins or other objects shall not be driven into any part of the Hall and decorations, placards, posters, pictures or signs shall not be affixed by any means whatsoever other than on the fitted notice boards; in particular, nothing may be fixed to the ceiling or walls because of the damage caused by removal.
- No extension shall be made to the existing electricity system.
- The fire extinguishers must not be interfered with and the Hirer(s) will be responsible for the full re-charging and call-out charges if they are misused.
- The exits from the building must be kept clear at all times and particular attention paid to the need to keep parked cars away from the fire exit through the side doors.
- For Health and Safety reasons children are not allowed into the kitchen unless fully supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- The Woodbury Community Hall Management Committee is not liable for:
- Theft or damage of personal property
- Failure of Mains Services affecting the hiring
- Expenses incurred by attendance at the hall by Fire, Police or Ambulance.
- Public liability for commercial Hirers.
- The information provided on the booking form will be used solely for the purpose of the booking and contacting the hirer. The information will be retained for a period of 2 years.
SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE DURING COVID-19.
The following special conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the hall’s ordinary conditions of hire shown above.
SC1: You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall, as shown on the attached poster which is also displayed at the hall entrance, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.
SC2: You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the hall’s risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy.
SC3: You will be responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, washbasins and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive and to keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks (if used), using either the products supplied (which will be in a clearly accessible location) or your own ordinary domestic products. Please take care of cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths – do not spray! You will be required to clean again on leaving.
SC4: You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
SC5: You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors (except fire doors) open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
SC6: You will ensure that no more than 30 people attend your activity/event, in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains 2m social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, observes the one-way system within the premises, and as far as possible observes social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures (e.g. wearing face coverings) when using more confined areas (e.g. moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets) which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than one person uses each suite of toilets at one time.
SC7: You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets, kitchen or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
SC8: You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as seating side by side, with at least one empty chair space between each person or household group, rather than face-to-face, and good ventilation. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain social distancing across the table between people from different household
groups who are face-to-face e.g. using a wide U-shape.
SC9: You are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required. (People are not obliged to provide details)
SC10: You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, in the rubbish bags stored on the shelves on the left-hand side of the fridge/freezer in the kitchen and taking all rubbish away with you when you leave the hall.
SC11: We encourage users to bring their own drinks and food. If drinks or food are made and served using the crockery and cutlery provided you will be responsible for ensuring that everything is washed in hot soapy water, dried and stowed away. You will bring your own clean tea towels, so as to reduce the risk of contamination between hirers and take them away. We will provide washing up liquid and washing up clothes.
SC12: We will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is
reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
SC13: In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to the designated safe area which is in the lobby. Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive
home. Inform the booking secretary.
SC14: In order to avoid the risk of aerosol or droplet transmission you must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g. refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume
which makes normal conversation difficult.
SC15: Other special points as appropriate. E.g. Where a sport, exercise or performing arts activity takes place: You will organise your activity in accordance with guidance issued by the relevant governing
body for your sport or activity E.g. Where a group uses their own equipment: You will ask those attending to bring their own equipment and not share it with other members. You will avoid using equipment, which is difficult to clean, as far as possible. You will ensure that any equipment you
provide is cleaned before use and before being stored in the hall’s cupboards.